January 8, 2015 ~ Civil Service Commission: The Township currently has one opening for the position of ALTERNATE.
Candidates must be a registered voter residing in the township and willing to take training and be available for occasional evening meetings, hearings, hiring procedures and otherwise assume all the responsibilities of a regular Commissioner. Volunteer Committee Applications are available (under Forms) online at: http://www.upperpottsgrovetownship.org/
FormsAndPermits.html or at the Township Office, 1409 Farmington Ave. during regular business hours.
January 8, 2015 ~ Sewer & Water Committee: The Township currently has one opening for the position of MEMBER.
Candidates must be a a resident of the township and willing to be available for evening meetings, which are held at 5:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of odd months. Volunteer Committee Applications are available (under Forms) online at: http://www.upperpottsgrovetownship.org/FormsAndPermits.html or at the Township Office, 1409 Farmington Ave. during regular business hours.
January 8, 2015 ~ Zoning Hearing Board: The Township currently has two openings, one for the position of MEMBER and one for the position of ALTERNATE.
Candidates must be a a resident of the township and willing to be available for evening meetings, which are held on an as-needed basis. Volunteer Committee Applications are available (under Forms) online at: http://www.upperpottsgrovetownship.org/FormsAndPermits.html or at the Township Office, 1409 Farmington Ave. during regular business hours.
Please click here to read important information about Comcast's Internet Essentials program. Now with Comcast's expanded eligibility criteria, your family may qualify with past debt more than one year old. Call 1-855-8-INTERNET to apply.
Upper Pottsgrove Township is accepting applications for a part-time police officer. Please note, hours shall not exceed 32 hours per work week and no permanent schedule or guarantee of work hours is offered. Applicants must meet all the criteria for a part-time officer, as set forth in The Civil Service Commission Rules and Regulations §3.5(b), and must have a minimum of 3 years full-time service as a police officer in the State of Pennsylvania. To apply, please complete and submit pages 1-21 of the application for new officers excerpted from Appendix (A-1 Police Officer Application) of the UPT Civil Service Commission Rules and Regulations.
Emergency Services ~ Please click here to view Fire, Medical & Police services within the township. Please click
here to see the Good Will & Gilbertsville Ambulance Services Grid Map. Please click
here to learn the benefits of membership in Goodwill Ambulance. Please click
here to learn the benefits of membership in the Gilbertsville Area Community Ambulance Service.
Drug Drop-Box ~ We have had a few instances where residents inquire about a drug drop-box for UPPD. Need to have a secure location for that box, and Pottstown PD already has one in their monitored vestibule. Anyone inquiring about disposing of prescribed, unwanted drugs should be directed to Pottstown PD @ 610-970-6570 to make the drop directly.
September 4, 2014 ~ SCAM ALERT - We are currently receiving complaints about a local scam where a "Sheriff's Department" representative calls and says there is a warrant for the victim's arrest since he/she did not appear for jury duty or something similar. The victim is directed to buy a Green Dot card (which is quickly negotiable) at a local CVS or other store and call back with the numbers from the card. The scammer is then immediately downloading the amount on the card leaving the victim out the purchase price. Please call us immediately if you receive one of these calls. The Montgomery County Sheriff is issuing a similar warning about this obvious scam. If ever in doubt, call us at 610-326-8446. Thank you.
August 5, 2014 ~ Montgomery County’s Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) would like to reach out to your agency, constituents, consumers, and residents to provide information regarding the NFP program. Please find a flyer attached. We would like to generate recognition and referrals for our program in your service area. The Nurse Family Partnership is a program in the Montgomery County Health Department (MCHD) for women who are having their first baby. When you enroll, a registered nurse will visit in your home throughout your pregnancy and can continue to visit until your child is two years old. This program is FREE to all women who are eligible. If you live in Montgomery County, meet the income requirements, and are pregnant with your first child you can enroll. The Nurse Family Partnership is a program in 45 states around the country. For more information regarding the NFP program, please visit the national NFP website: www.nursefamilypartnership.org To learn more about Montgomery County Health Department’s NFP, please call 610-278-5117 and ask for the Nurse Family Partnership Program. You can view the NFP Spotlight on the MCHD homepage here: http://www.montcopa.org/DocumentCenter/View/7671
August 1, 2014 ~ Sunset Park took third place in the “What’s Your Favorite Park” contest, and we will receive a bronze medal as well as $5,000.
August 1, 2014 ~ Residents may contact the Health Department at 610-278-5117 if they are concerned about an area of standing water that may be a breeding area for mosquitoes.
April 21, 2014 ~ MAINTENANCE OF SIDEWALKS & CURBS: The Board of Commissioners adopted an ordinance enacting and creating Article IV, Maintenance of Sidewalks and Curbs, of Chapter 304, Streets, Sidewalks, and Driveways, of the Code of the Township of Upper Pottsgrove, as amended, for the purpose of establishing responsibility for the maintenance of sidewalks and curbs within the Township for the safety and convenience of the public and protection of streets and property. A complete copy of the ordinance is on file with the Mecury, is available for inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Township Manager at Upper Pottsgrove Township and is posted on the Township website.
Storm Damage Reporting: Please click here to find out what steps resdients can take to report storm damage to your property.
Help Us Help You! ~ High Visibility Address Signs available from the Upper Pottsgrove Twp. Fire Company. Every year, hundreds of emergency responses are delayed due to hard-to-see address markings that make it difficult for Police, Fire, and EMS crews to respond to residences within the township.
If we can't find you, we can't help you! It just might help save you or a loved one's life!
Please click here to place an order.
March 11, 2013 ~
Met Ed has brought to our attention that there are individuals in the Monroe/Pike & North Hampton County areas reportedly going door to door identifying themselves as Met-Ed and asking to see the customers electric bill. In one particular case the customers were elderly and the perpetrators claimed they were checking to see if they were receiving all the discounts seniors are entitled to. Med Ed cannot say if they requested entry for sure or what their scheme is. It may or may not be limited to the Monroe/Pike North Hampton County Area.
- Met-Ed does not go door to door
- Met-Ed does not ask to go into a house (unless their is an inside meter)
- Met-Ed employees and contractors wear a photo ID badge - ask to see it
- Met-Ed vehicles are clearly marked
- If you are suspicious call us at 1-800-545-7741 to find out if we are working in the area
- Or, call 911 to report suspicious activity
Upper Pottsgrove has been included in many of these incidents.
1. Most recently the delivery truck thefts are picking up ; FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, etc. trucks are either being followed and the items being delivered stolen from the front door step or there may be internal problems with the companies. The important issue is to observe anyone who may be tracking those delivery trucks in UPT.
2. The usual scam artists are also busy in the neighborhoods with "excess blacktop", "meats" and other products they claim are left overs and offer these items at very low prices to unsuspecting residents until the jobs are complete. That is when the resident gets hit with other charges or more product than originally estimated. Most of you are familiar with the pavers and their tactics.
3. The chimney sweeps are most recently in town and an incident reported on Farmington is being reported today. Allegedly one chimney sweep goes up on the roof and the other inside. The insider burglarizes the home while the homeowner is being detained outside by the one on the roof.
4. We have had two incidents with meat trucks; both on Stone Hill where they can hit a number of homes in a short time frame. If these people are encountered, make sure to get as much identification as possible. Also, they are required to have a solicitors permit for any sale or service solicited in the township prior to door-to-door canvassing. Pavers and contractors are usually required to have building permits as well so anyone encountered doing work immediately after being hired by a resident is possibly in violation of the township ordinance as well as soliciting without a permit. Every person who solicits must have an individual permit.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Upper Pottsgrove Police Department at their non-emergency number: 610-326-8446.